Basics Of Search Engine Optimization
We often see businesses with websites that are made well and look nice but they don’t show up in the search results for the keywords or search phrases that they want to be found for by the search engines. Majority of the time this is due to improper On Page SEO.
For your website to be indexed by search engines, the content needs to be properly organized, you need to optimize it for specific keywords and this doesn’t mean repeating them multiple times. Your website needs to be relevant and readable to attract people. Use creative headlines that grab peoples attention and answer the questions that people have about your service, product or business.
The Foundation Of SEO
Do you know why your site is not ranking? Do you understand the reason it isn’t showing up in the search results at all? Figure out why by doing an On Page SEO Audit of all the web pages in your site:
- Are all your web addresses or URL’s clean, short and readable?
- Do your URL’s contain the keywords you want to rank for?
- Are your page headings, titles and content focused on 1 topic?
- Are you title tags on topic and contain your keywords?
- Have you filled out all your image titles and alt text and is your keyword present?
- Do you have relevant links going to and from your pages?